SUBMITTING ABSTRACTS for the 3nd Biennial Conference (2017) on Living with Animals: Co-Existence
EKU will host the third biennal "Living with Animals," conference on March 22-26, 2017, organized by Robert W. Mitchell and Radhika Makecha. The theme is Co-existence (though we will accept papers on a diversity of topics). Eastern Kentucky University, located in Richmond just south of Lexington, ‘The Horse Capital of the World’, began offering the first undergraduate degree in Animal Studies in 2010.
We are continuing our “Living with Horses” theme, with talks again selected and chaired by Gala Argent, beginning on 23 March. Julia Schlosser, Jessica Dallow, and Martha Robinson are co-organizing “Seeing with Animals,” focusing on animal imagery and visual representation, beginning on 22 March. We also plan to again devote time (breakout sessions and talks) to issues surrounding teaching the animal (topics will depend on the abstracts about teaching we receive).
Our scheduled keynote speakers are Steve Baker, Keri Cronin, Brett Mizelle, Michał Pręgowski, and April Truitt.
If you would like to present at this conference, please send 200-400 word abstracts and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All abstracts should be arranged as follows:
- First line: title of the talk
- Next line(s): authors' names, positions, affiliations, and email addresses.
- Next line: blank
- Next Line: text of the abstract
- Next Line: Is this an individual, poster, or panel discussion?
- Next line: If you wish your abstract to be evaluated to be part of EITHER the Animals and Art sessions OR the Living with Horses sessions, please state which here.
- Attach to abstract on a separate sheet: a one-page CV of your most relevant work and experience.
(All submissions will be evaluated for participation throughout conference.)
All abstracts should be single spaced. Reference to existing bodies of work might be made.
Abstract submission deadline: December 12, 2016 (We are open to receiving late submissions, but we will begin making decisions in mid-December.) Author notification due: December 31, 2016.
Published on October 28, 2014